Driftwood Martial Arts is Kitchener’s premiere martial arts studio, offering unique martial arts programs for everyone, from 3 year olds to adults. All fitness levels are welcome! A martial arts class is more than exercise for yourself or your child. Martial arts empower us to protect ourselves, build inner and outer strength and give us confidence, clarity and discipline. Because of their focus on building strong bodies and minds, martial arts are an effective way to manage stress, boost energy, lose weight, achieve mental focus and enhance personal safety. Often, benefits are noticed from the very first class.
Our programs include:
• Wee Kick for pre-school and kindergarten aged children. This program is unique to Driftwood and was specially designed by studio owner, Sensei Adette Rice. Instructors teach children about safety, bully busting and traditional Japanese martial arts in a warm, nurturing environment. Children develop listening skills, fine and gross motor skills, socialization skills and also have a whole lot of fun!
• Kidsafe Youth Karate for grades 1 to 9. This program is about way more than punching and kicking. Kids gain a major advantage by learning about peaceful conflict resolution, self-protection, perseverance and self-esteem.
• Cardio Kickboxing for ages 13 and up. Rated the #1 fat burning exercise, these energizing classes combine kicks, punches and blocks with aerobic conditioning, strength training and relaxation techniques.
• Adult Karate for ages 15 and up. Gain physical strength, a healthy body, strong mind and self-defense skills by joining these dynamic classes.
We also offer private lessons, assault prevention training for girls and women, weaponry training and kids’ birthday parties.
Studio owner, Sensei Adette Rice, is the winner of the 2010 and 2011 Readers Select Award for Best Coach and Driftwood is a five-time winner, of the Readers Select Award for best martial arts studio. Drop by our studio or visit our website to see how martial arts can benefit you and your family both physically and mentally.
15-450 Westheights Dr.
Monday : 1:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Thursday: 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 12:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
OUR BLOG POSTS:
- How can I boost my child’s self-esteem?
- Punching is good for your health
- Karate helps the bully and the bullied
- Help! I need time to myself
- How martial arts help children with AD/HD
- How to host a kickin’ kids’ birthday
- Why karate should be a top priority for your kids
- Give stress the karate chop
- Where do today’s kids learn values?
- Karate can help with school success
- The benefits of women’s assault prevention classes
- How karate can help teens